Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Change is a comin!

Oh yes, change is coming for the Creamer family as Mason has finally learned to WALK!!! Of course, this had to be a day when I was working (just like when he learned to crawl and when he first said dada). Whenever Kyle is on duty to take Mason to MDO, they always go early and "walk" around the church, play basketball, etc... whatever boys do to waste time. This time, instead of Kyle holding his hand, he just took off on his own. His teachers said that he was walking around all day for them as well!! Kyle is so awesome about taking videos of all the milestones, but we havent really learned how to download them on the computer. Maybe we will work on that this week. Since then, he has taken about 7 consecutive steps and ALWAYS claps for himself afterwards. He loves standing up on his own and playing with Cali. People ask me if he walking around everywhere now, and the answer is no, not really. He will walk, but would still rather crawl or hold my hand. This will probably change in the upcoming weeks. Apart from this big news, Mason is starting to develop such curiosity. I often find myself sitting back and just watching him play on his own. He loves shapes and trying to figure out how they fit together, he loves building blocks together, he can get on his Mickey Mouse car and drive it around on his own, and he LOVES playing/watching baseball. His favorite fascination is the light switch... he can point to it, say "light" and turn it on... off and on and off and on and off and on repeatedly until I finally go crazy and develop a headache.

On an exciting, yet kinda bittersweet note, I decided to stop working for a while so that I have more time to stay home with my little man. I absolutely loved my job and the people I work with, but decided it best for my stage of life right now to spend more time with my family. Thus begins the adventures of stay at home mom!