Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Little (well big) Tiger

I took Mason to Auburn last year, but he was so young and couldn't even walk yet, so we were somewhat restricted in what we could really do. This year I thought "He will LOVE seeing the campus that mommy and daddy went to, downtown where mommy used to shop, and the Toomers trees that daddy helped try and save". I had high hopes for this year's campus tour. Who better to hang out with Mason and I for the day than my brother, who is perhaps..no definately.. the biggest Auburn fan there is.

Toomers Corner is known for it's lemonade (although nothing rivals Chik Fil A's diet lemonade). This is second best. I expected Mason to love it, but to my surprise he spit it right out. Guess some things are too sweet even for toddlers.


The Toomers trees are a long standing tradition at Auburn, and since they are expected to die before next year, I HAD to get a picture of Mason with them.


 
 
Look who we found while waiting to take pictures!

We stopped at Samford lawn to let M play. Sometimes kids baffle me. He had an entire field to run and play in.. yet what does he choose to play with? His stroller!?

He did love the big clock... he says "tock tock"
 Here are some other pictures of the day, which include a stop at the new basketball arena. Wish it made our basketball team better, but hey at least it is pretty!




Unfortunately the pictures stop here because Mason decided he had enough fun for a day and zonked out immediately after this. We didnt even make it to the stadium where he may one day play football...guess there is always next year! War Eagle!