Sunday, September 8, 2013

2 months

Yes, believe it. He is already 2 months old. Life is just now starting to feel normal again. I had forgotten how long it takes to get into a routine, yet alone try to keep a routine while having a 2 year old. While most days are still totally hectic and chaotic, it is at least a manageable chaos. God truly blessed me with a happy, healthy baby ( I think he knew Mason was going to turn into a crazy, stubborn, test your sanity kind of a kid right about the same time). I am much better at determining the reasons for his cry, as opposed to 3 weeks ago when I had NO CLUE why he cried all the time. Between getting him on a better routine and limiting my dairy intake (sigh), life has changed dramatically.

So at 2 months:

~Wt: 10 lb 9 oz (20th %)
~Ht: 24 in (75th %)

Eats every 2.5-3 hours, with 1.5 hr naps between.
Sleeps 6 hr stretch at night (hasn't kicked that 3 am feeding)
Loves his playmat that lights up and sings, the swing, and of course, cuddle time
A little scared of his big brother (don't blame him here... at any given moment M can turn from gentle to defensive)
My favorite: He has started smiling and cooing to our voice




Melt my heart, please.



Mason has started new fall sports... baseball and gymnastics being his favorite. He has a niche for the gymnastics (loves the rolls and swinging). Future gymnast? A 2 year old and baseball may be the funniest thing I have watched in a while. Coach Emily is amazing at keeping them focused and actually teaching them skills. Mason will come home and practice throwing and using the "alligator hands" to catch the ball.

He is loving his 3 year old class at Otter Creek Kindergarten. His favorite part is getting to ride in the front seat of mommy's car while we wait in the drop off line. Last week was lunch with Ms Pat where we got to meet other moms and talk with his teacher, Mrs Betsy. Before we left, I snapped a photo of what I thought I would NEVER witness...him sleeping on a cot.

Speaking of cot...Mason continues to have major sleeping issues with his bed. Why he can sleep on the floor at school and not sleep in his nice, comfortable, mickey bed continues to perplex me. After talking with the pediatrician and having affirmation that is, indeed, ok to let my kid "SCREAM it out", I have resorted to this:
The tape is because I don't know how to use the adjustment on this fancy gate and Kyle was out of town. The electrical tape did not hold... so it was a failed nap day. But it did make for a few minutes of peace while Mason stared in confusion at this contraption.

Of a way more exciting note, my sister had her baby! Baby Kate was born on August 29th. She is healthy and beautiful, and her twin sisters are in for a huge shock!
The hotel we stayed at had a ton of fish, so each morning we would walk around in our pajamas and hunt for the biggest fish.