Saturday, July 30, 2011

5 Months

This month has been one of the most exciting months yet. Literally everyday Mason is doing something new. His favorite thing to do right now is play with his feet. He is so amazed by these weird things he has...he tries to put them in his mouth, he laughs at them, and sometimes he pulls his toes and realizes that it hurts when he pulls too hard. He still loves his Johnny Jumper...mommy and daddy love it too because it occupies him for a while so we can cook dinner. Unfortunately, he is liking his swing less and less. He is way too active to have to sit still in it for too long. He literally almost falls out of it everytime we put him in. Since we didn't go to the Dr. at 5 months, these are my estimated stats for the month:

-weights 19.5 lbs
-26.5 inches tall
-still eats 8 oz formula 4/day
-eats cereal for breakfast and lunch
-still naps 2 hrs in morning and 3 hrs in afternoon
-sleeps from about 730 to 630





My friend Megan has always told me that with each new stage brings excitement but it's own hardships. I must say that I have found this to be very true. Mason LOVES to eat his cereal...he also LOVES to make a mess with his cereal (which anyone who knows Kyle and I know that we typically can not stand messes). I tell him "Mason, you can not eat your hands and the cereal at the same time"...he laughs at me everytime I say this. Welcome to parenthood, Ashley...you can not expect your 5 month old to do anything except make a mess with his food.

Kyle had to travel this week so Mason and I got to go to Hunstville for a few days to visit my Aunt/Uncle/cousins and my grandparents. He did great and it was nice having some helping hands while Kyle was gone. My grandparents love seeing Mason, and I of course love visiting with them, so it was a great get away. Thanks for letting us visit, Aunt Becky!

 Mason and I sporting out Vanderbilt Commodores shirts....still Tigers at heart though!

                              One of his favorite things to do....sleep!
                               We love you Granny and Grandaddy!