Monday, October 10, 2011

Mags and Em Turn ONE!!

I can't believe it has been almost a year (Oct. 12) since precious Mags and Em were born. It seemed like yesterday that Hea was telling us she was pregnant, then sending us the text that showed not just one baby but TWO. I remember being at the hospital waiting eagerly to see them, and how incredibly small they were (although for twins they weren't all that small). Oh how time flies!



Their birthday party was perfect. The theme was "Sugar and Spice", so Hea made all kinds of different sweets (cinnamin rolls, ginger snaps, candy, etc..) and, of course, decorated in pink and brown.

The party had a great turn out- family, friends, co-workers. Mags and Em, of course, had a great time and I'm sure loved all the attention.  I thought I took a lot more pictures, but evidently I just took them on Hea's camera and forgot to ever take any on mine. Here's what I have:

Poppie with the great grandkids

Sweet Emily


My camera died early on, so I missed getting pictures of the best part: the smash cakes. Actually more importantly then that were the cute outfits the girls were wearing. After opening presents, the girls changed from their dresses into clothes more appropriate for eating cake: tutu's. SO CUTE! Wish I had a picture to share. As for the cake...Emily loved hers, Maggie didn't love the attention and broke out into tears. Maggie then fell asleep while Emily stayed on a sugar high for the rest of the party. The party turned out great...Happy Birthday sweet girls!! Aunt Ashley loves you!

Poppie, Shirley and Mason


Uncle Hugh with Mason