Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Portraits

Im curious what other families (specifically families with toddlers) picture experience is like? Im not talking about around the house.. Im talking professional photos. Before I had a child I always looked at family portraits and thought "How beautiful... I CANT WAIT to take pictures like that". Since having Mason, I never have that feeling. Family pictures are a force to be reckon with..terrible...miserable...no good day. The pictures rarely show how the day really went. It was NOT a peaceful, beautiful moment like the picture shows. Poor Jocelyn... I'm glad I'm a nurse and not a photographer of toddlers (or at least, my toddler). Anyways, photographers are amazing because they seem to make the day look enjoyable, and the pictures always turn out amazing despite my thinking that it was all for nothing.

I think this was the first problem... we showed him the toys in the downtown toy store first thing. The rest of the morning he wanted the train inside.


Running away....


But then this face makes it all worth it!






There's a snapshot of the morning's photo shoot. You wouldn't think it was a terrible morning, right?! Here's what the in between REALLY looked like:
A picture that actually captures the truth behind picture taking with toddlers...I guess despite it we have lovely photos to hang on our wall!