Sunday, February 3, 2013

Catch Up

Life seems busy lately. I have a daily routine... it works well for me (and Mason). What doesn't work well for me is when my routine gets changed. That has happened a lot this month. Maybe it's God's way of preparing me for when the baby comes. I have a long way to go with that.

Life with a toddler is... fast paced, hard, demanding, exciting..all rolled into one. I'm usually a pretty calm and even tempered girl, so this whole discipline/stubborn/"I want it my way, right now" phase that Mason is going through has thrown me for a loop.


But he is just too cute and funny to really ever be mad at. He is affectionate, extremely curious, smarter than me, and has more energy in his finger than I have in my whole body for a week. He loves learning new things, but yet gets fixated on old things (e.g. right down the road from us is a pond with lots of geese... EVERY single time we pass by he drops everything to point them out). He is starting to have a wild imagination.. he plays with his bear like it's his best friend and drives his cars like he's Dale Ernheirt (not sure how to spell that).

99% of the time he is SO fun to be around. He literally makes me laugh everyday, and I am amazed at the things he picks up on so easily. It's that 1% of the time, when I'm reminded that yes, indeed, he has entered toddler world..that is the hard part. Why does he all of a sudden hate yogurt when it has always been his favorite food? Why does he think it's okay to throw his leapfrog at the dog? Cheerios are not meant to be found all around my house... so why does he pour them out everywhere? And mommy's make up does NOT belong in the toilet.


obviously Im still giving him his paci... might be a while before we cut these out

This is what Mason looks like when he doesnt nap and then wakes up 515 in the morning
 
I thank God that He has never given me more than I can handle, and usually a "bad" day is followed by an amazing day. And on "bad" days, I'm thankful for the leapfrog.