Saturday, November 2, 2013

Birthdays and Halloween

A few times a year we try to get all the cousins together at grandparents house for fun and, lets be real... chaos. While the husbands were enjoying a football weekend, Heather and I took the kids to Auburn for some fun. Getting them to sit down for pictures is a task that is only getting more difficult...

Im not sure if Emily is picking her nose here!? If so Im sure she learned it from Mason who thinks that is the coolest thing in the world.


Melt my heart...

Mason was so excited to see his cousins not once but TWICE this month. They turned 3 years old and had a party at the park. What better place for toddlers!?


Side note: I just realized that I didn't get any pictures of the girls on their birthday. My picture taken has taken a big hit after having another child. Gotta get better!

I think I have said before but Halloween is just not one of my favorite holidays. I guess I need to make more of an effort since it is a big deal for kids these days. That being said, I waited way too long to order Mason a costume, so I resorted to making one (or I should say, I called on my mom to make it.. she always made our costumes growing up). The whole thing cost 20$... much cheaper than Pottery Barn's costume that sell for 50$. And I must say... I think it was super cute.

This was Mason while we (mom) worked on painting. (Ignore the wooden poles in the background)
The final product turned out really cute and proved to be quite durable. He wore it 3 times (church Trunk or Treat, school Halloween day, and of course Trick or Treating) and only managed to lose a few wheels that we had to reglue.
 Our friends Greg and Annie had a neighborhood party, so all the kiddos were able to show off their cute costumes beforehand.

 Camden wasn't a big trick or treater, but Kyle was a sport and carried him along for a short time. And no, I didn't dress the baby up. I did buy him a hat but that was all. I didn't want to spend money on Mason a costume, much less a baby who was there for about 20 minutes.

 Cutest Thomas the Train!

 Attempting another photo....Mason with his best buds, Will, Myles and Foster.

Happy Halloween!