Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Beach Fun!

This past week, Kyle and I went on our first vacation together since we had little Mason almost 6 months ago. While I missed my little monkey more than ever, it was SO nice to wake up at 930, enjoy my coffee, go to breakfast, and spend the rest of the day doing absolutely nothing but soaking in the sun and enjoying great food. The first day Kyle and I spent the morning at the pool...I'm not sure if women just know how to put on sunscreen better than men, or if it is just my husband who doesnt understand the correct technique in applying sunscreen smoothly, but this is what he looked like after day 1:
He was blotchy to say the least...he claims the sunscreen was expired (expiration date was 8/2012). Next time, I will apply his sunscreen.

I was so excited that our good friends Kyle and Megan were able to join us for the trip. This was also there first vacation alone since there little boy Will was born a year ago. We decided to start taking these vacations more often...next time we may head to Gatlinburg for some skiing and maybe a UT/Vandy football game?!




Growing up I remember spending ALL our time at the beach...riding waves with dad while mom screamed "You're going out too far...come back in". We were FEARLESS...probably mostly naive of what actually lurkes in the ocean water, but we hardly ever went to the pool. I guess in growing up (and the fact that Shark Week was just on the discovery channel all last week) it turns out  now that we spend most of our time in the pool and hardly ever go to the ocean. Funny how things change with age.

We had a blast relaxing with good friends. Next week...we head to the beach again with the family and with MASON!! So excited for Mason's first beach trip with his cousins!

On a side note...gramps and go go introduced Mason to the sippy cup. I'm sure he wishes that milk came out of it, but for now it is just water.