Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The time has come...

That dreaded time has come... I've been anticipating it for some time after hearing numerous stories from friends. It must be time for magic belt. Yes, I mean Mason has learned to take his diaper off. It started a couple weeks ago when he learned how to unzip his sleepsack and throw it on the ground. I was fine with that... obviously just means he doesn't need it anymore. Easier for me getting him ready for bed. Then came taking his pants off. Still okay, I will just outwit him and put him in a zip up sleeper. Wrong (again, I feel positive my child is smarter than me). So if the child just wants to sleep in a diaper then fine. I'm not gonna fight it. BUT sleeping naked is not an option. Nor is running around the house slinging your dirty diaper everywhere. SERIOUSLY?! Why is this a phase that kids go through? They don't learn from it, it doesn't make them a better person, it doesn't refine their developmental skills. It just makes me have to clean more. I really wish I had some awesome photos that were suitable to post on here, but I feel like if he reads my blog in 20 years he will hate me for posting them, so I will just share one.

Not 5 minutes after he makes me mad by pooping everywhere, I get to look at this face and it makes it all better:


Except that it probably took me 10 minutes to clean that mess up, too.

On a separate note, Mason has finally decided to show some interest in books. I was starting to think he was going to be like his dad and hate reading, but he finally came around and decided this book thing wasn't so bad.

Who knows, maybe Kyle will start reading with him?!