Wednesday, January 11, 2012

10 Months

In the business of the holidays, I almost forgot to get Mason's 10 month pictures! He is actually more like 10 months and a week in the pictures, but nevertheless here they are.

He has a new fascination with his tongue. I totally contribute this to Kyle teaching him how to blow bubbles with his mouth. If my kid grows up to be a spitter, we all have Kyle to thank for it!




So like I have said before, pictures are starting to get pretty difficult. He does NOT sit still...not for two seconds. The pictures end up looking more like this:



This past month has been so much fun! Everyday I wake up and think "What will Mason do that will make me laugh today?" If I am in a bad mood or ever feeling defeated, I look at him and it makes everything better (cliche'... I know). Kyle and I are so blessed to have such an amazing baby!

I feel like he has grown up so quickly in the past two months. This month he has hit two big milestones (at least in my opinion it is a milestone): he can now say "mama" and he pulls himself up to a standing position. As much as moms dont want to admit it, we take it somewhat personally when our babies spend all day (literally ALL day) saying "dada" despite our every effort to teach them "mama". About a week after he learned mama, he started saying "dog". Glad to know he thinks so much more of me then he does a dog that doesnt even care for him that much! Really though, I feel very proud (even if he doesnt know what the word means) and it brings a huge smile to my face every single time I hear it!



Mason has loved playing with all his new toys he got for Christmas! Some of his favorites are his Mickey Mouse car, his forest animal sing along, and his basketball hoop. I go around singing the songs to these toys all day long... some of them are actually quite catchy! He also loves playing in the kitchen while I cook, still chases Cali around the house, and still loves the dishwasher. His MOST favorite thing to play with is the toilet paper. We have to keep all the bathroom doors shut because as soon as we turn around he is in there with the entire roll of toilet paper either in his mouth or all over the bathroom. I have started laughing at it... Kyle, on the other hand, doesn't find it very amusing!





Mason continues to be an excellent eater. He is eating about 1/2 baby food and 1/2 table food. His favorites include: pasta pick-ups, peas, mashed potatoes, avacado, yogurt, and squash. He still takes 3 bottles a day before he sleeps. This is going to be a very difficult process to wean and I am dreading it!! We made the unfortunate mistake of giving him a bottle before he naps, so he has learned to associate the two together. I pray that this is an easy transition in a few months, but I dont have a good feeling about it. Any suggestions moms?

Our little boy got promoted to Nursery 3 this past Sunday at church. For the first time ever, he cried when I dropped him off. I thought maybe he was just having a rough morning and it was a fluke, but when I dropped him off at the YMCA's childcare a couple days later he did the same thing! Separation anxiety? Just cranky? I dont know but it breaks my heart.

On a random note: Kyle is loving his big green egg!