Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mason's First Christmas- Part 2

The week of Christmas we headed to Auburn to spend time with family. We are lucky in that both of our parent's are from the same town, so it makes going home easier. We can see both sets of parents, and they can take turns seeing Mason for a couple of days each. We spent the first couple of days at Kyle's parents house- enjoying great food, opening presents, and best of all- visiting Santa! A couple of days earlier I had received a text from my sister with a picture of the girls with Santa- they HATED him. After that, most everyone I talked to gave a similiar story- their child cried as soon as he/she got in Santa's lap. I was fearful of how Mason would react, but when the Creamer's offered to go with us to see Santa, I jumped at the opportunity. I am going to brag for a second and say that Mason did AWESOME! In fact, he was very curious of this Santa character. Instead of crying, he attempted to eat Santa's beard. No surprise at all considering the child thinks everything is edible. They didn't let me take a picture with my own camera, but I will try to upload a copy so that you can see it.
Mr. Al with Mason



Mason had a great time opening presents- he didn't really care what the present was, but he enjoyed playing with the paper and the boxes. He got some awesome gifts from his heyhey and nana- clothes, toys, and luggage for when he travels to visit them. Thank you Creamer's for Mason's presents! I know this blog is mostly about Mason, but I have to talk about Kyle's present that he got from his parents. I have known about it for a while and tried oh so hard to keep it secret (which I am TERRIBLE at doing around Christmas). Anyways, he got a Big Green Egg! Woohoo! Time to start making some pizzas!
Mason loves finding his daddy's old ornaments


Cali opening her present- she loved her squeeky toys

Papa (we couldn't find one that said Heyhey) and Nana coffee cups from Mason
"Where do I start?"

His Mickey Mouse car was one of his favorite presents

still playing with the paper...

loves his daddy
We had a great Christmas with the Creamer family. We wish it could have lasted longer, and of course Mason wishes he could have spent more time with Uncle Vince!