Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mason's First Christmas- Part 1

I have been excited about Mason's first Christmas since the day he was born. I have imagined in my head what he would wear (I imagined a cute smocked outfit), his expression when he met Santa, helping him open presents, seeing all the lights around town... the list goes on. Needless to say, it has been something that I have talked about for a while now. My plans got thrown for a loop when I found out I had to work Christmas Day, but we made do and moved everything up a day.

Our holidays began with a trip to Opryland with Megan, Kyle, and Will to see the lights. We went on a Saturday night which had to have been the busiest night to go because there were SO MANY people there. The babies did so well and even let us get a couple pictures to highlight the night.
The two Kyles with the babies- it happened to be the coldest night of the year outside





We spent the next couple of days decorating the house and buying our Christmas tree. Kyle and I have the real vs. fake tree debate every year, and this year was no exception. There are many things that I will waiver on in our marriage, but the decision to get a real tree will never be one of them. One year he will understand that and stop asking. I had very distinct memories growing up of putting on Christmas music (we only had two cd's so it was between Reba and Michael Crawford), making hot chocolate and decorating the tree (mostly mom and I did while the others sat in the recliners and watched us). I had those same expectations when I had Mason- although it puts a new twist on things when he is trying to eat all the ornaments and pull the tree out of the holder. Regardless, they are memories that I will never forget.