Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy 2012!

New Year's isn't normally a holiday that I care much about. To be honest, I rarely even stay up to see 1201. But I had New Years off from work, so we decided to celebrate. We took Mason to Auburn to hang out with his grandparents while Kyle and I spent some time with friends in Fort Worth, TX. Kyle and Brad have been good friends since high school and throughout college. Brad and Anna started dating when we were all still in Auburn, so we got to know her really well too. Kyle was actually in their wedding back a couple years ago, which is the when he first discovered his love for Fort Worth.Ever since then, Kyle has been saying that he wanted to go back and see the town more. So thats what we did. Anna took us on a tour of Fort Worth- we saw the TCU campus, went downtown, had an amazing lunch at a local Mexican restaraunt, and finally spent some time at the Stock Yards. This is what I expected Texas to be! Cowboy hats, boots, longhorns, and lots of fun shops.






You can't go to Texas and not at least try on cowboy boots. Kyle liked these ntil he found out that they were $700. Wrong store for us!

 For $5 I could sit on a long horn... when else will I EVER get this opportunity? Never. Of course I did it.
This is a picture of the largest Honky Tonk in Texas!



We spent most of the trip relaxing at their beautiful new house-playing Wii and watching football. We went to a local chicken restaraunt for dinner called Babes. It was SO good! Then we went back to their house and watched a TERRIBLE movie with Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake.For New Years Eve, Brad and Anna had some friends over to watch the Auburn football game and, of course, watch the ball drop. I want to put in a blurb about how disappointed I was in the New Years Eve coverage in New York City this year. No wonder I don't stay up watching the ball drop... it is very anti-climatic. Regardless, we had a GREAT time hanging out with old friends and meeting new ones. And it always helps when Auburn wins!






Thank you Brad and Anna for letting us come to Texas and enjoy some vacation time! We had a great time and look forward to doing it again soon!