Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mason's first Christmas- Part 3

After enjoying our time at the Creamer's, we headed to my parent's house- a much different experience as there are 7 adults, 3 babies, 4 dogs and a cat living under the same roof. Even in all the chaos, it was a nice, relaxing holiday. I think I will just let pictures tell the story....
Emily loves the tree!
 The baby girls can walk now!! I saw them before Thanksgiving and they could take a couple steps, but they weren't fully walking. Oh boy, they are all over the place now! It is so fun to watch...


My mom found these old chairs (I think they were my sisters...not really sure?) in the attic and the babies LOVED them! Even Mason joined in with his cousins and rocked in them.







We always have high hopes of getting pictures of all the babies, but it usually doesnt work out quite like we hope. Once again, we thought it would be a great idea to get pictures of them in front of the tree...






Yes, those are spice bottles that you see in the babies hands. They all found the spice cabinet and pitched temper tantrums if we took the bottles away. So, we gave in and said "what will it hurt". After Emily got a drop of extract on the tongue, we decided to empty all the spices and let them just have the bottles... they were just as happy... and it kept them occupied for hours.
Aunt Ashley with Maggie



After we put the babies to bed, we decided to go ahead and open "Santa" presents. Normally we open family presents on Christmas Eve and then wake up on Christmas morning and open Santa presents. Since I had to work Christmas day, we moved everything up a night.
these are NOT all kyle's presents

My parents had these books made for Kyle and I as well as Hea and Jay. If you can't see the words, it is a book of Mason's first trip to the beach. We took a family beach trip back in August and I am SO excited that my parent's thought of this idea. It is a story we will be able to pass on when Mason grows up. Thanks mom and dad!!

Hea and Jay's reaction when they found out they received tickets to the National Championship game (Jay is an Alabama fan!
So it was my turn to open next and what do I get?? A new CAMERA!! Woo hoo!! I love taking pictures (mostly of Mason) but hated the pictures I got with my old camera. I spent the rest of the time testing out my new camera (meaning I took LOTS of random pictures of Mason).... 




Uncle Bobby with Emily


Mason still loves door stoppers

He decided to show Maggie how cool they are

Bob helped me test out my portrait view on my camera





After we ate dinner...


After the guys woke up from there "it's the turkey making me tired, but really i just ate entirely too much food" nap, we let the babies open presents. Since Mason did so well at his heyhey and nana's house, I was expecting this night to be no different. Well, I was slightly wrong. Mason decided halfway into opening presents that he was ready to eat. So, I attempted to feed him our leftover Christmas meal...only he threw the entire thing up. So, we stripped him down, bathed him and put him in the highchair to eat again. The girls, on the other hand, had a great time playing with Mason's presents that we opened for him!





Mason gave the girls matching pink Ugg's.







Emily with her fashionable new hat

We had an amazing Christmas and Kyle and I are so thankful to our families for all you did! Here are some random shots from the weekend that I couldn't leave out.



We have this joke with Poppie about dogs... we HATES dogs so every year we give him something related to a dog. This year my brother found this singing dog... the girls thought it was the best thing ever.